. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
J, Immigrant

Hey, I like rights, too.
"I was about to go (to class), but I thought about my family today," said junior Erin Pangilinan, whose parents immigrated from the Philippines. "This issue is not just today or this year, it's every day. These are our families."
So, if Pangilinan thinks about the family every day, does that mean never going to class? Is that the way to take care of your family? Eschew education?
However, after marching to City Hall, some protesters did attempt to board BART to San Francisco without buying a ticket, which led to a confrontation with BART police.

"It was an organized attempt not to pay for fair," said BART Chief of Police Gary Gee, adding that he did not yet know if anyone was arrested or cited.
Huh... so, the boycott only extends to paying for stuff. When it comes to stealing, that's all good. Also, "pay for fair."
"I was illegal when I was a teenager. It was hard, it was hard to do everything. I grew up with a lot of fear," said Berkeley resident Jose Ibarre, who marched to Oakland yesterday. "Now that I'm a legal resident, and I have kids, I have to make sure that their futures will be better than mine."
I have to care for the future of my non-immigrant kids! That's why I'm marching for immigrant rights!

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 5/02/2007 07:14:00 PM #
Comments (1)
. . .
Comments:
I wonder if Mr. Ibarre really meant he hoped his kids' futures would be better than his own [future]. If so, that's rather pessimistic...
 
Post a Comment


. . .