. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, April 12, 2007
Shit-talking

Man, where was the shit-talking earlier? All the interesting stuff comes out so late.

From someone to a bunch of CalSERVE dudes on Facebook:
I was told by my group today that Van, the presidential candidate for CalServe, yelled out "Taiko sucks" as he walked by during our practice Friday night. Did CalTaiko do anything to deserve this open insult?
Does this mean that CalServe does not support our student group?
After receiving a flyer from Dionne Jirachaikitti I was very impressed with the diversity of CalServe and I support many of the cultural issues that CalServe appears to be concerned with. However, as a member of a student group based off of traditional Japanese culture, I am beginning to doubt that CalServe's candidates and members are true to their word.
Is it necessary to insult an entire student group like this? It's not just insulting the members in CalTaiko, but it is also insulting a culture, a style of music, an art and for some peopleā€”a lifestyle.
The members of our group are not told who to vote for, but I believe Van's open insult gives the members of our group, any cultural group, any musical group and everyone that enjoys any of these a reason to not vote for him or those in the group he represents.
-Doris Chen
Pay careful attention to that date and time. The Daily Cal endorsement forum was that night, and Van Nguyen was there for most of it. (I don't recall if he was there for all of it) I guess it's temporally possible, since we don't have times, but dude... seriously... Van is one of them politician-types, and this seems a teensy bit out of character for him. (He says he didn't, but then, like I said, he's one of them politician-types, so the denial itself probably isn't as compelling as the mismatch with his character)

Doris Chen, by the way, is part of the Student Action Facebook group. I'm told she's pals with Student Action signatory Jaime Hirashi, but I wouldn't know about that.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 4/12/2007 06:59:00 PM #
Comments (4)
. . .
Comments:
Where this is true or not (which I kind of doubt because I've noticed in myself and others a tendency to be like "Hey is that [blank from other party]?" and everyone kind of goes "Ummm, yeah, I think so maybe?"), it provides a good evil campaign strategy:

Using facebook accounts to make random, unsubstantiated claims, like saying you heard a little known candidate use racial epithets or claiming the other party burnt your cat to death and ate it.
 
Or that a presidential candidate murdered a transgendered hooker in Florida.
 
By the way, I don't appreciate you bringing up Mittens's encounter with Eunice Moon so openly.
 
btw, Inga Lin is part of Taiko and is Jaimie's roommate. coincidence? I think not.
 
Post a Comment


. . .