. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Issues

Here are some issues with the election counting meeting.

1) My #1 vote counts:
Senate: 56
Prez: 127
EVP: 387
EAVP: 235
SAO: 1604
AAVP: 2235

That last one is bullshit, of course. I think they screwed up the candidates text file, and when they tried to fix it, they screwed up the names or numbers or something, putting me second (ahead of Caro). I wonder if this happened in other races, too. I'm investigating.

2) SQUELCH! got about 1000 votes for each exec race.

3) Referenda abstentions were around 20%.

4) CalSERVE screams really loud.

5) When Eunice was leading after first place vote counts, Student Action was very excited. They got unexcited very fast. It was like a wave as excitement moved from right to left.

6) The exec races were very close, and all third party candidates and the loser had to be dropped to reach quota.

7) Dave Rhoads came out of nowhere.

8) Recounting may be very interesting, if someone gets DQed.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 4/18/2007 09:40:00 PM #
Comments (12)
. . .
Comments:
I had a feeling Dave Rhoads might make it when I checked out his Facebook group, and also when Cal Dems' Sarah Gold posted up a bunch of pictures of him campaigning after voting had been completed.
 
what's the significance of the pictures?
 
I was surprised by my own party. Weiner was our best candidate, but the order our guys finished in was absolutely not the order we were predicting internally.

Basically we failed to predict anything this election (except for predicting the referenda would fail, but we thought we'd get 40%).
 
Also, want to say, as I mentioned elsewhere, Daily Cal endorsements mattered this year for sure!

Thanks Beetle for your reporting what went on at the vote count -- not findable in this detail anywhere else.
 
The pictures just showed how energetic his campaign was, which I had missed because I wasn't on Sproul much.
 
agreed. it was a well-run campaign.
 
Oh, one last thing for the night.

Since the exec races were close, and Squelch! got 1000 for each race, getting second place on the Squelch voters' ticket was very important this year. And at least from talking to a lot of SQUELCH! voters, I think most people put CalSERVE second.

Not exactly half as good as actually winning an exec race on our own, but one SQUELCH!er did call me to say that we were sort of the Nader of this election. Or at least something like that.
 
can i just say how much I freakin' LOVE sarah gold??
 
and she's hot too! ;)
 
only if its opposite day.
 
thanks (most of you lol) for the props! dave and i worked so hard on his campaign; running an independent campaign was harder that i ever could have imagined! but getting that (as of now) #7 spot made it all so worth it in the end. he's going to be a fantastic senator.
 
Sarah Gold rocks my world! Congrats to Dave Rhoades on his awesome campaign!
 
Post a Comment


. . .