. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, February 12, 2007
Take off every zig

This blog post serves as the announcement of BEARS-United's campaign for ASUC office this year. BEARS-United has a long tradition of critical, unserious, and insane saturation campaigns, and I hope to continue that proud tradition. I don't think I'll be hiring a blimp, though.

In fact, I won't be campaigning at all. As a person in touch with the vast majority of the student body, I know they don't want to hear from me. Can other candidates say they are as willing to serve the student body? I didn't think so.

Do YOU want to be part of the tradition? If so, let me know. (Also, if you want to join our legal team, which will handle things like my incentive suit, and may seek out campaign violations to get the ASUC sued again, let me know. It's fun!)

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 2/12/2007 12:57:00 AM #
Comments (5)
. . .
Comments:
Question, is it possible to run against myself under multiple parties for the same position?
 
That sounds like something demanding a test case. I'm down with a SQUELCH! Sucks v. BEARS-United Simon v. Simon battle.
 
The real question is whether the Daily Cal would let me debate myself at the candidate forum. I figure since probably neither CalSERVE or Student Action will show up, they've got nothing to lose.
 
I'm reasonably certain that somewhere in the elections bylaws it says you can only be on the ballot once, but with multiple parties endorsing supporting you. Simon, I believe what you are talking about is that happens with the Student Advocate every year, when a single candidates is running with multiple parties. You still only show up once on the ballot, although you could possible get away with demanding to speak more than once at debates representing each of your party personas.
 
A long tradition. LOL Riiiiiiiiiight
 
Post a Comment


. . .