. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Open Letter to Graduate Assembly President Josh Daniels

GA President Daniels,

According to your comments in the Daily Californian, our student government fees are voluntary. In particular, you stated "Students have voluntarily chosen to tax themselves for student government." This was news to me, but I'm glad you informed us.

I would like to note that there appears to be an error in the ASUC's records, as I have never chosen to tax myself for student government. Therefore, I would like to receive a refund of $395, for the seven years of ASUC fees that were erroneously charged to me. Please inform the relevant body in the ASUC and let me know where I can pick up my check.

If your comment was in error, I would appreciate it if you would inform the Daily Californian that you are an opportunistic liar, so it can issue the appropriate correction. If, on the other hand, you were referring to the fact that some students, many years ago, voted to impose this fee on me, I would advise you to invest in a dictionary and brush up on the definition of "voluntary." I understand that such competency can be difficult for one such as yourself, as evidenced by your failure to find members for an Elections Council Chair Selection Committee in a timely manner, partly due to your failure to understand the distinction between such a committee and the Elections Council itself, and the fact that, apparently, the Graduate Assembly ignores its own bylaws, and cannot effectively write or maintain them, leaving the graduate student body without any means of holding its government to account. Nevertheless, I would hope that Graduate Assembly members, as well as its leaders, such as yourself, would make an effort to behave in a manner befitting of a student government branch at the best public university in the country.

Thank you for your time.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 2/07/2007 12:40:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .