. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007
Oh, yeah, the news

I should probably say something about this. CalSERVE picked their slate. It's a bit more populated than last year's.

I don't really have much to add. While I cover the ASUC, I don't have the internal connections to the gossip that flies around, so I don't know much about the particular folks up for election.

I'm also not sure where I stand on CalSERVE this year. As folks who aren't ignorant SA anonybots know, I usually support Student Action over CalSERVE. This is because CalSERVE has a cause, and I don't want my money being spent on causes, I want it being spent on student groups (this is why I support SQUELCH! over everyone). Those student groups can go fight for a cause if they want, but there's no need to get the ASUC directly involved.

This year, though, CalSERVE may be trying to take advantage of some disappointment in Student Action, and may de-causify a bit in order to win. I'm not sure whether that disappointment could actually manifest itself in terms of votes, but CalSERVE may very well think it will. If they do de-causify, and offer to run as the party of better-than-Student-Action, I'll have no problem supporting them, but it remains to be seen if that's the approach they'll take. If they continue to run as the party of minorities, women, and the eternally offended, there's not really much there even for folks who are unhappy with the direction Student Action is taking (i.e. more money for the executives so we can take credit for everything).

Or, you know, you can vote for BEARS-United.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 2/15/2007 02:29:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .