. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Saturday, November 11, 2006
Shamed to death

Well, I guess I have to cut my gut open out of shame that I had to have this pointed out to me: The article on the Senate's temper tantrum is entitled:
Senate to Consider Removal Of Justice
Ugh! That's totally the kind of wordplay joke I'm supposed to get. In my defense, I was sort of off my sleeping schedule, what with the Pittsburgh conference and all, but that's really no excuse.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/11/2006 08:34:00 PM #
Comments (6)
. . .
Comments:
Yeargh, I take strong distaste when media makes synonymous "impeach" and "remove from office". You know this Beetle, but impeachment is the filing of charges, which has already been done, which the article halfway points out, but the final sentence states that she was one vote short of being impeached and removed. Wrong! She was already impeached and was merely one vote short of removal.

Of course, it is entirely possible the ASUC Constitution/bylaws equates impeachment and removal, but then that would be just another problem wouldn't it?
 
I guess. The ASUC doesn't actually recognize the term "impeach," so I dunno, and dun really care. I've used the term a bunch, too. I guess we wouldn't have had this joke, though, if they used "impeach."
 
if katlyn did that intentionally, she rules.
 
Heh. I don't think she writes the headlines.
 
did the daily cal have an opinion article in friday's paper? their website hasn't been updated.
 
They didn't have a Friday paper. Veterans day, I assume.
 
Post a Comment


. . .