. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Haha!

I'm half-impressed by California. As expected, voters were really happy about spending money now and making other people pay it back later by passing every single bond measure.

Surprisingly, the more ideologically idiotic measures look to be failing. In particular, the free speech reduction act is going down in flames. It's a bit early to talk about the other tax increases, since Democrats tend to live in places where folks are incompetent and can't report results as quickly.

Locally, no real surprises. Wozzy is trouncing Overman by a bit more than I he would, but it's still a bit early. Similarly, Worthington isn't walking over Beier by as much as I thought. Measure J, which I thought would pass because people are dumb, isn't winning yet, but again, I'm expecting a fairly one-sided late count.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/07/2006 11:54:00 PM #
Comments (2)
. . .
Comments:
I would laugh at you, but I actually plan on moving back to California -- probably just in time to pay for these bonds.
 
also, champaign county voted to withdraw from iraq, withhold state troops from future iraq deployments, and almost voted to impeach bush.

I guess that's what happens when a city exists for a University. Fun times here:
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2006/11/08/c-u_voters_want_usout_of_iraq
 
Post a Comment


. . .