. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Hey, look, more charges!

The Judicial Council has accepted six charges against Igor. That means six hearings. Back-to-back. Right after the AG v. SA Executive Slate case charging six campaign violations (but thankfully, only one hearing). The charges are:

Spam
Dorm Solicitation
Unattended Campaign Signs
Campaign Literature in Dorms
Endorsement Without Consent
Campaigning Within 100 Feet of a Polling Location

I'll take a look at the charge sheets once I find a way to read the file I got. Let me just say that the last hearing is scheduled for 1:00 am on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning, technically). I know I said I was planning on going to the hearing, but I dunno if I can handle an 8-hour marathon. We'll see.

Update: I've looked over the charge sheets. As I had heard rumors of, Igor is being charged with calling the rooms in the Res Halls to campaign. Because of the way dorm phone numbers are numbered, this is fairly easy to do. He's also charged with going door-to-door.

The supposed spam e-mail has the following, somewhat interesting piece:

Thank you so much for your help in getting the vote out in your groups. I am sorry about the mass email; I promise you that this is the first and last time I'll ever do this, but this is way too important an issue for me to stay silent on. Please send me an email to confirm that you've received this.

Assuming the charges are based on actual events, and that no one is falsely pretending to be acting on Igor's behalf, things are looking pretty grim for Igor.

The charges were all filed by Suken Vakil, Student Action party chair. Just for fun, let's quote him on Igor's resignation:

"His decision is his own; it's something he felt he should do," Vakil said. "By no means is he leaving Student Action. He's still going to be a part of our family."

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 5/02/2006 11:22:00 PM #
Comments (5)
. . .
Comments:
What issue is he talking about in the bit you quoted from the email? Is that what you mean by interesting?
 
Well, what I found interesting is that he apparently recognized that he was spamming, and thought it was "important enough." Also the "send me an e-mail back" thing seemed odd. The issue in the e-mail was how he felt that engineers were not well-represented in the ASUC. It actually stumped not just for himself but for the APPLE-Engineering candidates as well.
 
Trust me, it's entertaining for us all. Isn't there a DAAP candidate?
 
I don't think a mass email is necessarily spamming. It's just impersonal, and that may be why he was apologizing.
 
Yeah, I know, but essentially what he's saying is that his cause is more important than not being annoying. It's not necessarily a huge leap to the next step, where his cause is more important than the by-laws.
 
Post a Comment


. . .