. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, April 21, 2006
Objection!

One objection I had with the way the forum went was that the rules for the referenda debates were changed at the beginning. Originally, we thought it was going to be 4 minute speeches each, and then questions. Instead there were 4 minute speeches, and then 1 minute rebuttals. In retrospect, I probably should've protested, but my assumption is that they just didn't have questions. Still, we didn't know we were supposed to prepare for a rebuttal until we got there, and that's kind of fucked up, especially for someone like Alex who takes public speaking seriously enough to prepare.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 4/21/2006 10:29:00 PM #
Comments (2)
. . .
Comments:
I kind of thought the audience was supposed to grill us with questions. That's what the ads suggested.

Of course, since only members of major parties show up to these things, and since no maojr parties did, and since the Office of Student Life cleverly scheduled the damn thing for Warren Hall which is precisely in the butt crack of nowhere, almost no one was there to ask questions.

I think that's why the moderator kind of had to make things up as she went along. I could be totally wrong though; the signs just made me think the audience was supposed to participate.
 
Beetle,

That's a good point. I felt like I earned a substantial victory in the speech and then lost ground with my shabby, off the cuff rebuttal. It turned out okay, but still...
 
Post a Comment


. . .