. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, April 13, 2006
Beetle's Best of Berkeley

In order to not bias the results, I decided to save my Best of Berkeley picks 'till the last second. I know that, had I posted them earlier, the loyal masses would mindlessly go to the website and pick the same picks.

Campus

Best Campus Eccentric: One wonders what is meant by "best." One also wonders whether the Daily Cal will find the dude and give him a BoB plaque. Or maybe I'm misreading what "Best Campus Eccentric" is supposed to be. Anyway, I have no pick.

Best Place to Study: Suspended by ropes above a lava pit with poisonous snakes on the walls that jump out to bite you as you're slowly lowered into the pit by a bald naked man with a strange accent.

Best View: Straight up, somewhere that you can't see any of Berkeley above you. (Added bonus: No Space Weapons)

Best Place to Sleep: In bed.

Best Place to Make Out: See Best Place to Study, above.

Best A Capella Group: Any murdered one.

Dishes To be honest, I rarely examine the plates when I eat. Still, I'll do what I can.

Best French Fries: None. Best Freedom Fries, on the other hand...

Best Frozen Dessert (Ice Cream, Yogurt or Gelato): That seems rather limited. The petrified souls of those who failed to get into Cal but wanted to so much they tried to appeal, encased in the ice of cold bureaucracy which rejected their appeal on a technicality (margins too narrow), is the best frozen dessert around here. But it's not Ice Cream, Yogurt, or Gelato.

Entertainment Oddly enough, I've never actually been entertained at any of these venues. I think I'll skip it and head to...

Restaurants This differs from "dishes," I guess, because we inspect the silverware, I think. Are there really this many countries/regions which have food representation here?

Best African: That Tiger Woods guy is one of the good ones. Oh, restaurants. My bad.

Shopping

Best Music Store: Man on street.

Best Video Store: Teh internets.

Best Newsstand: Cold, heartless box with newspapers in it.

Best Used Clothing: My closet.

Tech Wow. What a lame category.

Best Wireless Hotspot: Like I would tell you if I knew.

Best Berkeley Blog: Gee, I dunno. This Beetle Beat one really speaks to me. Sadly, its biggest fans this year have their own blog to vote for.

Campus Newspaper with Best Online Reliability: ... The Berkeleyan?

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 4/13/2006 10:11:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .