. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, November 14, 2005
World's smallest violin joke

First read the ad:

Last October, UC-Berkeley sophomore Erika Williams was called a "b---h" by an undergraduate advisor, who days later then called her a "n----r." When she attempted to file complaints with the University, the University offered no assistance and engaged in a cynical process of buck-passing. "I have been the target of race and gender discrimination by a member of UC Berkeley's staff, and I've gotten NO satisfaction from my dealings with the appropriate university officials. I've just been given the run-around. This is not only a fight for justice for me, but for the dignity and right of all black, other minority, and women students to be treated as human beings and with respect," Williams said.

Now read the story.

The ad suggests that Williams walked into Sherman Boyson's office saying "Gee, I'd like to take a physics course," to which Boyson responded "Go back to ethnic studies, you nigger!"

Actually, what happened was they got into a fight off-campus, she called him a "fat fuck," and then he called her a "nigger." Wah. Look at all the injustice on campus!!! Look at this particular example... uh... off-campus, where someone received a hostile comment... in response to her own hostile comment.

But that's not all. Not only did Williams throw a fit over a fight, she then went after the dude's job. The university rightly noted that it doesn't police the behavior of its employees in non-university, off-campus issues, which is now being held up as an example of the "hostile atmosphere on campus." Boo fucking hoo. If you want to fight, then fight. Don't go running to an employer like a pansy.

Oh, and the dude apologized. And informed his supervisor. Two things he didn't really need to do, but meh.

"He attacked my gender, he attacked my race, my heritage, the two things that I could never change about myself," Williams said.

I think this is Williams justifying her action of calling him a "fat fuck," because hey, that's something he can change. Way to be a model.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/14/2005 01:59:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .