. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, November 10, 2005
We subvert goals

Bone marrow donations, but no pictures of Andy's ass. What gives?

"We don't like to advertise too much toward the general population because we get people who are really hard-up for money," [nurse Lindsay Palomino] said.

We do, however, talk to newspapers who will describe this to the general population. Still, she gets points for recognizing that students think they need money but really don't.

"We don't want to jeopardize the safety of the blood supply by encouraging donations for financial gain," said Sara O'Brien, a spokesperson for the Northern California American Red Cross Blood Services.

We do, however, let newspapers describe donations with an emphasis on financial gain.

"The procedure is pretty safe and easy, and it's quick money," [Senior Michael Weber] said. "I don't tell my parents because they would just give me the money."

I do, however, mention it to newspapers which can be easily read by my parents. But I've got a suggestion: Tell your parents anyway, and then give me the money that they just hand out. Isn't it at all embarrassing to admit something like that?

"We don't want to advertise this program as someone's means for economic salvation," [Palomino] said. "It's important because it provides cells that are going to help fight the battle."

We do, however...

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/10/2005 12:15:00 PM #
Comments (1)
. . .
Comments:
I also got interviewed for the article and they didn't end up quoting me.

Kind of lame, seeing as how I pitched the idea to the writer.
 
Post a Comment


. . .