. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Suicide week

It's suicide week here, and The Daily Cal joins in. Apparently, Kristen Lahmeyer felt that the appropriate way to kill herself was to make someone else feel like shit. This is all the more reason we need more bridges to jump off of, and easy access.

Anyway, all the warning signs were there, so you wonder what her pals were so surprised about.

"She was taking medication," [Mojdeh Rezaeipour] said. "But she said that she was just taking a semester off and she was better now."

People who are "better now" don't take semesters off. They take semesters off to go stew and feel like shit until they kill themselves or wake up.

She switched to an art major. If that's not a sign of someone not thinking about the future, I don't what is.

Natasha Streit, though, is the only reasonable person quoted, who, instead of screaming "OMG I NEVER KNEW," wishes her friend well.

Coroner David Foehner finds interesting things fun:

"I think what I like about this job is you get to deal with people," he said. "I have to talk to family members all the time and in that you see the capacity people have, that no one ever talks about. You know, the worst day of these people's lives, I'm involved in it. That's pretty heavy."

Because what could possibly be better than seeing people worse off than you every day?

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/02/2005 02:17:00 PM #
Comments (11)
. . .
Comments:
Yeah, I only just found out about this shit, my school kept this quiet, but a couple of years ago they didn't hesitate to announce Elyssa Meyers rope tricks.
I guess New trier only really cares if you still are at the school.
Anyways, I didn't know the girl, so, whatever.
 
kristen seems really brave to me, if she had the guts to kill herself. i wish i could do the same to myself
 
please seek help. if you knew how much kristens death affected me- even though i wasnt a close friend- and everyone else that knew her, you would not do it. please. for my sake, at least.
 
To the person who posted that about Elyssa -
You better hope I don't find you. You disgust me. You must have no respect for anyone... just because you didn't know her gives you no right to talk about her in that way. You make me sick.
 
Hi, I am the suicidal individual who commented on January 12, 2006. I am happy to report that I did seek help. Thank you to the individual on March 9, 2006 for caring about my well-being.
 
I love the MySpace page that has been made in memory of Kristen.. I went to UC-Berkeley but I had to drop out... I am now at community college.. I don't know if I will return..
-- AL, UCB Class of 2007
 
Elyssa and i grew up since 3rd grade. . . .we stayed in school together all the way until she killed herself. She went away for boarding school but couldnt stay away....no one knew the troubles she had been through or expierenced. New trier didnt even know the half of it. i knew elyssa for the majority of our lives and i would appreciate it if people wouldn't bring her name up and then just blow it off. . if you are going to dis-respect her through the internet, you need to at least leave your name so people like me can track you down and introduce you to her little sisters that were left behind, and also found her lifeless body in her bathroom. DO NOT talk about things on the internet unless you are familiar with them.. .and if u arent and still talk about the, i think eylssa will find you yourself.. . .sweet dreams :)
 
Kristen was my friend Lindsey's little sister and she was a sister to me until the end. Anyone writting this post about her in such a sick manner should be ASHAMED of him/herslf. I send the Lahmeyers my prayers! I made sure to throw flowers to Kristens last place she was alive and I will continue to do this for her!! She really was a very sweet girl and she will be missed!!
 
You think it is all about you, don't you, you miserable misanthrope? That's called ideas of reference and it is a symptom of a major mental illness. Go get treatment and stop spewing your putrid, puerile venom about people you have never even met.
 
Just curious. What do you think about what you wrote 10 years ago? I was not impressed.

CJ (Kristen's mom.)
 
Just curious. What do you think about what you wrote 10 years ago? I was not impressed.

CJ (Kristen's mom.)
 
Post a Comment


. . .