. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, October 21, 2005
Letter sprint

With an amazing 5 letters in today's Daily Cal, I can do a letter sprint. Unfortunately, with an amazing 0 successful updates of the 1st-in-web-excellence Daily Cal website today, it's a bit hard to give appropriate context. Follow along at home, or something. (or here)

Brad Hunt is angry that Bob 2.0 doesn't think community colleges are as good as real universities. Uh. Yeah. Community colleges gave us Zach Liberman, didn't they?

Lecturer Brian Harvey is angry that smokers throw their cigarettes butts on the ground.

Today on my way from my office in Soda Hall to my class in Pimentel, I counted cigarette butts -- there were 163 of them in my path!

I think this says more about Harvey than it does about smokers.

Henry Butler, from LA, is going to buy four Toyotas just to spite Honda.

Ruth Maguire wants us to make sure to support the Senate version of the PATRIOT Act Reauthorization bill. Unfortunately, she seems to have mistaken the Daily Cal for the U.S. House of Representatives.

Patrioteer Melanie Smith points out that direct democracy looks ridiculous, though I don't think that's what she was aiming for.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 10/21/2005 01:08:00 PM #
Comments (1)
. . .
Comments:
"1,737 transfer students began classes at Berkeley this semester, many of whom transferring from community colleges competent enough to produce students capable of gaining acceptance to the university"

so, just MANY? not ALL? I'd like to meet some of the newly accepted CC transfers who come from the incompetent schools that are INCAPABLE of producing students worthy of acceptance to the unversity.
 
Post a Comment


. . .