. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Come on down!

I'm gay!!!

UC Berkeley student Michael Manalang, 21, made the decision to formally "come out" to the UC Berkeley community yesterday as an openly gay man.

The senior, who has already disclosed his homosexuality to his parents and close friends, joined countless men and women across the nation as part of National Coming Out Day.

"It's hard to come out. I've come out to my parents, but I haven't come out to all my friends," said Manalang, a member of Cal Queer and Asian, a campus group for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students of Asian descent. "I've come to the point that I don't care what people think. So, if they know, it doesn't even matter."


All right, here's the question. If you don't care what people think, and if it doesn't matter if they know... why bother making a big deal out of "coming out"?

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 10/12/2005 11:37:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .