. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2005
Snap

ZOOOOOM!

Go go gadget traffic circle!

Council members said the existing circles have been well received.

Oh? I seem to recall a great deal of bitching and whining in The Daily Planet a few months back on the topic. Like, say here. There are a bunch of other examples, but their website is functioning by messenger turtle right now, so I can't really search it.

[Councildude Darryl Moore]also noted a decrease in the number of reckless driving incidents in the areas where circles have been built.

Someone actually counts them?

"(The circles) seem good, because they slow down traffic," said UC Berkeley sophomore Jessica Chen. "It's easy to run a stop sign, but with these, you have to go around. They're fun to drive around too."

While easy, you're not really supposed to be running stop signs. If I'm reading her statement correctly, she's saying "I think slowing down is good. Still, asking me to slow down doesn't work, because I just won't do it, even though I think slowing down is good. Instead, I suggest you do major construction to force me to slow down. I'm responsible like that."

The signal, which is set to be constructed at the cross-section of Hearst Avenue, Arch Street and LeConte Avenue, is meant as a safety measure for students walking in the busy area.

Cross-section? Yes, intersection and crossing mean about the same thing. That doesn't mean you get to mix and match, though, unless you're making planar slices of roads.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 9/15/2005 12:10:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .