. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, August 22, 2005
That's... nice...

I'm probably thinking too long and hard about this, but:

However, one bisexual sorority member said that attitudes toward homosexuality vary from house to house. She said her sorority is one of the more conservative chapters and advised that anyone considering joining the Greek system think "long and hard" about it.

Sounds like it's fine for male gays, it's just the lesbians that need to be concerned.

In some houses, the attitude towards homosexual members is, "We don't really mind if you freak with guys, as long as you're still a guy. If you drink, watch sports, go to football games, that sort of thing overshadows your sexuality," [IFC prez Andy Solari an anonymous gay senior] said.

What if you freak with guys as you drink, watch sports, and go to football games? I guess it's interesting that the argument here seems to be "Look, the stereotypical frat guy doesn't need to be straight at all, and all we ask is that you be a stereotypical frat guy. We're inclusive like that."

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 8/22/2005 12:56:00 AM #
Comments (5)
. . .
Comments:
I've got my freak on while drinking or watching sports and never had a problem...

Also, I don't think that the quote you have is by Andy Solari, instead I think it is probably from the anonymous gay frat senior quoted earlier in the piece (5 paragraphs up).
 
Ah. Yeah, that's probably more likely.
 
Andy:

You ever bring a date to a frat party?
Ever hold hands with a guy inside the house (but outside of your room?)

And did the bathroom clear out when you used the showers?
 
Anonymous: Yeah, I've brought plenty of dates to our parties (my boyfriend came to our last formal with me) and the easiest way to define how I act is to just to say that my gayness is treated exactly the same way as anyone else's straightness. I can (and have) done anything that any of my frat brothers might do with a girl at the house and at our parties.

And no, the bathroom doesn't clear out. I've gone streaking with guys in my house and done plenty of other stuff that I imagine people uncomfortable being around a gay guy probably wouldn't have done.
 
"I can (and have) done anything that any of my frat brothers might do with a girl at the house and at our parties."

you mean like rufies?
 
Post a Comment


. . .