. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Sunday, August 28, 2005
Stupid freshmen

As an old dude, the appearance of freshmen always pisses me off. There's no particular reason for this. Still, since most of my readers are also old dudes compared to those puny freshmen, I encourage them to come up with their own ideas for "What do I hate about freshmen?"

The colors. Hot pink? Bright yellow? I didn't know folks could make blue so intrusive into a field of view, but freshmen pull it off with their light yet bright blue shirts. Most folks tend to lose the ugly colors as they go on, but every year, a new crop of freshmen assaults our eyes.

The gangs. Know 11 people on your floor? Want to go out and do something? Bring them all! After all, being in a group of friends so large that you don't actually have any interaction with half of them just shows how popular you are. The cliques are so large that they have to form cliques within their cliques.

The stress. Or, more accurately, the whining about stress. Freshmen are ignorant. But that doesn't stop them from trying to be confidently well-informed, as they brag about all the stress that they're sure they're going to face here in college, despite knowing absolutely nothing about it. It's like a badge of honor for these folks. "Look at me! I'm almost in tears because of stress! I must be a good student!!!"

Strangely, it seems the only people who get stressed are the ones bitching about stress ahead of time. Do you know anyone who was blind-sided by stress? Who thought something wasn't going to be too stressful but was proven wrong? I certainly don't. Stress comes to those who are worried about it, while those who don't worry about such things somehow manage to avoid it completely. It would be an irony that worrying about stress causes the stress, except that the folks who do worry about stress usually want to be stressed.

Not that I'm concerned about those stress-braggers. They're so annoying I want them to be smothered in grief and pain and stress, but only if they shut the hell up about it. Since they rarely do, I have to settle for encouraging folks to not be worried about it. So hey! Don't worry about stress!

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 8/28/2005 05:32:00 PM #
Comments (1)
. . .
Comments:
TIHaF (Things I Hate about Freshmen):

1) Look at me! I came to Berkeley to be politically active!

2) Ooh, Urban Outfitters is so hip!

3) I've got a dumb choppy hairdo that gets in my face!

4) Let's go to the DC together, New Best Friend I will probably pretend not to see when I run into her two years from now in Astro 10 lecture!
 
Post a Comment


. . .