. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, July 22, 2005
Exploratorium!

It's time to explore my expectations of drinking! Which is strange, since they've already passed judgment on me.

When you drink, which of the following do you expect that alcohol will do for you?

Well, I don't want to seem like an over-expectant cad, so I guess I'll check every answer:

Help break the ice (73%)
Make you more social (72%)
Allow you to have more fun (58%)
Help you bond with your friends (55% male, 42% female)
Increase the odds of having opportunities for sexual activity (51%)
Make women look sexier to you (25%)
Make men look sexier to you (14%)
Make you look sexier to other people (14%)

Sure, I'm an asian chick, but I still like hot women.

Oh, hey, I'm not alone! (the percentages are how many other folks agreed) I wonder if the percentages for "making men/women look sexier to you" include both sexes. Anyway, majority rule! But it's not all fun and games. Check out these negative consequences:

38% did something they later regretted
33% missed a class because of drinking
31% got into an argument or fight
24% performed poorly on a test or project because of drinking
14% were hurt or injured
14% got into trouble with the police or other authorities
12% were taken advantage of sexually


Look at that. All under 50%. If I'm playing the odds, it looks like I've got nothing to lose!

...and who really wants that?

All things in life come with risk.

Anyway, they provide some good sources for info if we want to help create a less-druggie society.

An email link to connect with other students interested in promoting the social acceptability of drug-free lifestyles. This new non-profit organization is dedicated to proving that "entertainment, fun, and having a good time don't need to focus on drugs and alcohol." Contact Hammered to start a chapter on your campus.

And what's that link? Well, it goes to a domain called "hammered.org." Excellent name!

Time for the exercise assessment. I said nothing at all was helpful, because I'm a bitch like that.

I'm finally done with Chapter 1! I feel like I learned a lot. I learned a lot about advertising, and how to properly choose stereotypical people for photo opportunities. I learned that... uh... Oh, yeah, I learned that it's possible to have fun without getting drunk. It's just harder.

Off to booze it up. Chapter 2: Knowing the Facts... later.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 7/22/2005 12:54:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .