. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005
AlcoholEdu, the pre-test

Uh oh... it's pre-test time. How well will I do? Will I show myself an alcoholic stud who doesn't need to worry about this course? Or will I merely show myself to be an unenlightened caveman (or cavewoman, I guess) who doesn't know the first thing about drinking safely?

1. Which of the following can be a sign of serious trouble when a person has been drinking?

The obvious answer is "Breathing is normal and regular." Normal and regular breathing is always a sign of serious trouble.

2. Alcohol's effect on academic performance is due to:

Well, all the answers here seem plausible and negative, and there's also an all-of-the-above option. The answer is clear then. It's only one of the above. I said "Interference with the ability to process new information."

3. If someone is headed for a potential overdose of alcohol, the first thing you should do is:

Everyone knows the answer is to "Lecture that person about the dangers of hangovers." An overdose is no excuse to pass up an opportunity to prove you're right. I would wait until after they overdosed, though, and lecture their comatose body, so since it suggested someone "headed" for a potential overdose of alcohol, I think I'll guess "Find a source of caffeine, such as coffee." That has to be healthy.

4. Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) refers to:

Duh. What idiot doesn't know that this refers to "A drinking game." Why, I was playing this game just yesterday with an Officer Johnson and a breathalizer.

5. Symptoms of an overdose on alcohol could include:

Again, they all seem plausible and negative. My knowledge from the GSI ethics course tells me that "All of the above" is a safe bet, so I'm going to say "Difficulty breathing" to be consistent with my answer to number 1.

6. About what percentage of sexual assaults on college campuses involve alcohol (by the perpetrator or victim or both)?

Hmm. Well, as an 18-year-old Asian girl who gets drunk all the time and does things she later regrets but can't remember, I'll go with "10%."

7. The purpose of this course is:

Since they explained in the intro that the purpose of the course specifically is not to advise students whether or not to drink, I'm sure the answer is "To encourage you to "just say no" to alcohol."

8. The long-term damage to the ability to learn and remember can happen at what level of drinking?

Well, judging from the question, it seems like I was right on number 2. Thus, I'm sure this is a trick, so I'm going to change my answer to number 2 to "Hangovers leading to missed classes." As far as this question goes, then, I'm going to say "There is no long-term damage due to alcohol." I'm sure it's one of those myths they're going to bust.

9. Which of the following may be a sign of alcohol addiction?

Again, all plausible. I'll go with "Drinking more without seeming impaired," because I still seem to do horrible things when I get drunk at those frat parties and wake up to find my clothes on one of the brothers, and I'm clearly not addicted.

10. Vomiting:

Psshh, everyone knows vomiting is a healthy alternative to not drinking. (I'm also bulimic) The answer is clearly "Is not harmful when induced carefully."

Now then, to see how I did...

Oh, God, there's another fucking page. And I can't take this survey in parts. But I can break the blog posts into parts, so...

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 7/20/2005 11:54:00 PM #
Comments (2)
. . .
Comments:
my questions were not these questions. of course, i took the test in 2006...
 
woah i was taking it when you were taking it just now. cool. of course the first thing i did was google to try to get the damn answers. all i got was a bunch of propaganda on how great and helpful alcohol edu is. and this page. at least someone's half-sane...
 
Post a Comment


. . .