. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, April 14, 2005


Yay for strikes!

Yeah, it's strike day again. Dumb chants, loud whining, banging on passing vehicles, we've seen it all before.

"The workers united can never be defeated!"

Sorry, defeated and united don't really rhyme.

They were shouting "shame on you" at a mail truck leaving through North Gate and banging on its sides. Because, you see, if you bang on the sides of the mail truck driven by some grunt who doesn't control anything, you get a better contract.

I won't be going out of my way to cross picket lines, but I won't be going out of my way to avoid them, either. It's a dispute between the workers and the university, and I'm pretty much uninvolved. And if they want to involve me (though let's face it, a one-day strike won't do jack), I'll probably be taking the side of the people not trying to cause me trouble.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 4/14/2005 10:52:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .