. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Saturday, March 26, 2005


Crusade, Jihads, and... uh... Hobbies

Lots of stuff going on, and lots of wars to choose from. What's going on around town?

World and Us still exists, but their work was so boring I couldn't stand reading it anymore, so that war went down the drain.

The health care referendum raised some questions about the referendum process. The university administration was so clearly on the side of the pro-referendum folks, and likely would have to be for any referendum to get to a ballot. Further, the 20% all-vote requirement for legitimacy but simple majority for victory idea is so ridiculous that only a university could come up with it, and probably deserves some scrutiny. Still, this is a war that takes connections, power, and a willingness to negotiate with administrators, so it's not something I'm going to be leading, that's for sure. But if anyone feels like leading that kind of crusade, it's open for you. I'll just sit back and get my "I told you so"s in next year.

ASUC elections are coming, and Mike Davis seems to have declared war on Bears UNITED, the party of:

1) We can't file our paperwork on time,
2) Anyone who wants to follow rules in an election is just stifling the will of the people, and
3) If you are a student but not running for office, you have no part in the election. ("We're trying to play politics, here, don't interfere.")

Fine with me, but too easy. That's like declaring war on an ant colony. (Sadly, their obvious incompetence and disdain for the process is going to win them votes)

Student Action and CalSERVE have their usual whining but since I have to mock them anyway, declaring war on them would be redundant.

Andy wants to fight for same-sex marriage rights. While it's an issue I agree with, it's not one I'm willing to put the social effort into. If there's something easy or mindless that needs to be done, I could probably help out, but I'm not going to go to war over it. Besides, Andy wants to go through the ASUC. If there's anyone that can gut the fun out of a crusade, it's our student government. UCLA's is quasi-dictatorial, so they're more fun.

But that leaves me with nothing to go to war over! Waaaah! (actually, this post was just a "Hey, look what's going on" post, but I still want my wars. *sniffle*)

Since I'm sure you started your blog over spring break, FREE ADVERTISING in the comment box for your blog! (You bastards are so fucking lazy. Start your fucking blogs already. Some people will actually read what you have to say, without you getting constantly trampled by structure, or disagreement, or whatnot. Can you get that anywhere else? Hell no.)

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 3/26/2005 11:22:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .