. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, November 29, 2004


I'm so old-fashioned

Old-fashioned not in the "this is how things used to be" sense but in the "I can't think about these complicated issues anymore" sense. Examples:

In my mind, you don't stab yourself, you try to avoid getting stabbed, and you sure as hell don't pay someone to stab you. That shows how inflexible my mind is.

Insulting or otherwise pissing off large groups of people is not a good way to get them to help you out. But don't tell that to the 'great philosophers' of the world. Singer? Chomsky? Uh... Moore?

Disingenuity is basically lying. George Lakoff disagrees. And he should know more than I do. (Also, dictionary.com says disingenuity is an obsolete word. The proper word is disingenuousness, but that just sounds stupid)

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/29/2004 07:45:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .