. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, November 08, 2004


I'm coming, I'm coming

Arrrrr!
The MPAA is firing a broadside over the bow of the movie pirates. Read the rest of this post in a pirate accent.

MPAA President Dan Glickman: “In Kansas, where I am from, we try to close the barn door before the horse is out.”

In Kansas, where I am from, if we can't ever take our horse out of the barn, there's not much use in keeping it. Or something. I never even saw a barn in all the time I spent in Kansas, though, so I wouldn't really know.

“It is a scary thing, but a lot of people are still getting away with it,” said sophomore Brian Yangyuen. “I just think it will just make me more careful in the future.”

Beetle's suggestion for being more careful in the future: Don't suggest that you're illegally downloading movies when talking to a newspaper.

“These changes will definitely have a significantly detrimental effect on people’s privacy, people’s right to speak and people’s right to access information,” said Laura Quilter, an attorney at the Technology and Public Policy Clinic at UC Berkeley.

Oh, damn, that's some dangerous stuff. Why, if people know whether I'm illegally downloading movies, I'll never be able to speak or access information again!!! Oh, wait, that doesn't make any fucking sense. That's what happens when you let women talk about computers.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 11/08/2004 06:27:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .