. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, October 28, 2004


What an ugly...

Is Klausner ugly or what?

BAMN overstatements:

Shanta Driver, the national co-chair of the Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action By Any Means Necessary, lamented the plunge in the number of black and Hispanic undergraduate admits at UC Berkeley after the passage of Proposition 209, which she said has created a “reign of terror” on UC campuses.

“California is a majority-minority state, and now we are faced with the possibility of having a California with the best public education options being reserved for the white minority.” Driver said.

Driver fiercely attacked the “lie of meritocracy,” saying that standardized tests and grade point averages are biased. Driver said testing companies deliberately put in questions biased in favor of white students.

“We can have a race-caste system that is protected by law, or we can extend opportunity to all students by defending affirmative action here in California and across the nation,” Driver said, as some students stood up and cheered.


I can see the testing company folks now. "Hmm, 60 degrees is an angle only white people know."

Anyway, I was criticized for my comment that the coverage for Law Dean Christopher Edley seemed to suggest that his only qualification was that he was black.

Dean of Boalt Hall Christopher Edley moderated the debate and made his closing remarks by answering a question from an audience member about whether he believed his race was a consideration in his appointment.

“I hope that my race played a substantial part in my appointment because if people weren’t paying attention to my race, they weren’t paying attention to who I am and what kind of dean I hope to be.”


I'm glad to see even more black people who aren't actually people.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 10/28/2004 11:17:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .