. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, October 08, 2004


Final thoughts on the debate

I "hosted" the debate at my apartment, and thought I might throw in some final thoughts.

Victor: Bush, sort of. As far as issues go, none of what either candidate said really matters at all or is any reflection of reality, so trying to call a debate based on issues is silly. Instead, I'll do what most people did for the first debate, and call it based on style, confidence, etc. Bush started out strong and trampled right over Kerry, but he ran out of juice as the end drew near. Still, Kerry didn't pull out anything impressive when Bush flaphooeyd out, so Bush gets the win.

Online Polls: Of course, online polls all show a HUGE win for Kerry, because various liberalish bloggers and their groupies pride themselves on stuffing online poll boxes. Yeah, I don't know why, either. Maybe someone will be convinced by the numbers that "Gee, I guess Kerry won after all."

Format: Pace. Pace. Gesticulate. Pace. Point. Pace. Pace. Gesticulate. Sit. I loved how they referred to each other in the third person while talking at each other (it was in the rules, I'm sure).

Facial Expressions: Bush was trying real hard not to make facial expressions. He looked like a little boy pretending to look interested for his elementary school teacher. Kerry had a smug grin for all of Bush's speeches, but it looks good on Kerry.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 10/08/2004 08:01:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .