. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, September 03, 2004


If I was a Republican

(Disclaimer: I actually am almost a Republican)

Berkeley Republicans Take Cause to New York! See attached picture, of someone who did not take her cause to New York, and may not even be a Republican.

Missing the first week of her senior year to be at the convention, Vanessa Wiseman, a member of the Berkeley College Republicans, said the involvement of moderate Republicans has transformed the party to make it more attractive to young people who might ordinarily be turned off by a more conservative contingent.

The Wise Man thing to do would be to attend your classes. Classes lead to a future of power (supposedly). Showing up to a convention leads to, well, nothing. Young people are turned on by Republicanism not because of Republicans but because of everyone else. Our parents' generation included the hippies and the like. Our liberal peers are just annoying as hell. Republicanism seems the only logical result.

"I’ve always supported the president, but this past summer I’d been questioning some of his decisions," said Berkeley College Republican member Kelso Barnett. "The convention has brought me back around to full support of the president."

Oh, man, dude. That's like admitting to buying something because of a commercial. My sense of shame disallows me from making any such claim. I salute you, Mr. Barnett, for your courage. I will still laugh at you, though. Hahaha! You got your mind changed by a commercial! Hahaha!

Ivan Ip, a recent UC Berkeley graduate, was part of the hundreds who rallied the streets in the sweltering afternoon heat.

"The energy just kept going," Ip said. "I don’t think any temperature could have stopped us."


I'd like to put that claim to the test. I doubt God is on board, though.

Although more than 1,800 protesters have been arrested throughout the week, Ip said the march was peaceful and protesters were able to make their voices heard to the Republican party.

"I think we sent a pretty strong message regarding what changes need to be made and what kind of issues we are concerned about," he said.


Hahahaha! Oh, that's 33% more funny than Kelso's comment. Hahahaha!

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 9/03/2004 01:03:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .