. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, September 17, 2004


Dude, where have you been?

How queer.

The growing number of scholarships available for gay students shows a shift in collegiate culture, which is slowly opening the doors to accepting gay students.

You know, to my knowledge, most scholarships have always been available for gay students. I've certainly never had to check the box marked "heterosexual" when applying for a scholarship.

“I’ve had a really good experience—I’ve never encountered any negative response,” [Jeff Manassero] said. “I see (homosexuality) a lot more than in my old town. It’s more visible and there are more resources.”

Dude, you don't need special "gay resources" if you never encounter any negative response. What kind of girlie-man needs help with what isn't a problem?

“The best way to get a scholarship is to find a niche of your own,” Manassero said. “There is such a small pool of students who have come out in their communities.”

I was under the impression that you don't go out and find "the gay niche." You end up there because you're gay. But hey, listen to the experienced guy: Become gay for the money. It's worth it.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 9/17/2004 01:59:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .