. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, June 21, 2004


Book Review

Man, I'm so bored, I've fallen all the way down to reading. Books, even.

I finally got around to reading Catch-22. It wasn't bad, though it certainly dragged towards the end. It makes plenty of good jokes at the expense of common convention ("Suppose everyone felt that way?" "Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?") but it also has its occasional "deep thought" sections which are so horrendously unentertaining that they allowed the book to be considered "literature" by English scholars.

The most interesting part of the book was wandering into Waldenbooks to buy something for my flight and discovering that comic book-type stories had suddenly fallen under a new category of book, "graphic novels," that has always meant something different to me. I suppose that means I'm getting old.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 6/21/2004 10:27:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .