. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, April 19, 2004


Don't rape on me

Someone put up all the rape statistics again. Most of those statistics are really full of pretty nasty statistical flaws, but I won't point them out, because that would make me pro-rape, if I understand the rhetoric correctly.

Take Back the Night, after being raped by apathy and sexually assaulted by alternative causes, apparently finally woke up from its roofie-induced slumber. Once again, they're taking to the streets to declare "Rape is bad!" A small contingent of pro-rape counterprotesters were not present. How boring of a cause can you people choose? Even if we were pro-rape, we'd never say it out loud, because we still want to get laid, and most chicks just don't dig the rapist. And those that do are pretty scary.

And while I strongly support sexual harassment in the workplace and at school, I draw a hard line at rape. Rape is no laughing matter, in many, but by no means all, cases. And, as we all know, the only way to fight rape is to yell out a bunch of statistics. That's right, there's a 33% chance that I raped your grandma. What? Avoiding dangerous situations also works, you say? Don't be an apologist.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 4/19/2004 02:56:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .