. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, September 25, 2003


Not black, yet again

I stopped by the first genuine Noon Sproul Rally (NSR) of the year, this time to oppose prop 54. Like at most race issues dealt with in NSRs, the crowd appeared to be mostly high school students enjoying the day off. I'm patiently waiting for looting reports.

As far as what was actually said, I didn't listen. I had classes during the second half, and during the first half I went and listened to the infinitely more entertaining and talented Taiwanese drummers on lower Sproul. (Who knew watching people hit things with sticks could be so entertaining?) I did hear some praise for Detroit teachers who took a day off from school to march for an affirmative action cause somewhere at some time, closing down the schools. It raised the obvious question: "If a lack of educational access is causing racial discrimination, how does refusing to educate help?"

Disclaimer: I am not black.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 9/25/2003 02:21:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .