. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Thursday, September 11, 2003


I'd've never guessed!

I'm search result 16 for "high school losers" on
Brazillian Google. How about that?

On A Fortiori, a continuing comment thread about Prop 54 included the quote from Rebecca C. that "your (my) self-assigned moniker tinges of colonialism." And I, of course, said *gasp!* I do know vaguely of a Drake from colonial America, but I figured there was something deeper in her statement.

Beetle: My name. When I got bored of Justin my freshman year, I happened to be thinking of beetles as a result of a lecture from Cal Rentals or some such which mentioned that beetle infestations could be used as evidence for reduced rent. Beetle really is my name, and all my friends know me by it, so I had to keep it. (Justin is used only for "official" things where being named after an insect may have negative consequences)

Aurora: The justification was "you never know when a girl's name would come in handy." I figured people would be hesitant to call me by a girl's name in voice, so I picked one which would work well as a writing pseudonym. Well, my taste sucks, so I ended up with Aurora.

Drake: Azadivar, for whatever reason, is difficult to pronounce. Drake is not. Since my most recent name change decision came while listening to someone extoll the virtues of musician Nick Drake, Drake seemed the natural choice to round out the name.

So there you have it. The story of the name. It's still very flexible, and if anyone has any better ideas, or reasons why I should use one of my other names, let's hear them! (I also didn't want to start a discussion of my name in Paul's comment section, in case anyone had anything to say about it)

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 9/11/2003 12:32:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .