. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Monday, September 29, 2003


Excessively lettered verbalizations show qualities of positivity

Mad Max is back, after all. First of all, I had to read a ways down until I found what I thought was the punchline... did Edward Said die? If so, then there's no point in arguing with his points, because dead guys are always wrong.

As far as unnecessarily long words go... you're not fooling anyone, asswipe. Yeah, I said asswipe. "linguistic virtuosity"? "puncture in the ideological front"? "his debonair allure and impeccable diction"? Grow up. Prove yourself smart by actually saying intelligent things, not "intelligent" words. If you read through all the long words and the quotes, all you've got is a slobbering deference towards some dead guy. No independent thought at all. Way to go, Mack. Way to break those barriers of ignorance.

On a related front, "intellectuals" can all go to hell. Yeah, I could try to make a living by sitting around complaining all day, too, but unlike some folks, I've got an ounce of shame that won't let me do that. I blog for free. Admittedly, nobody would ever pay for this drivel, but even if someone was willing to pay me a wage I could live on just for complaining, I'd still finish my education and go find myself a real job. I'd work for free if I had to. So, for those of you who think "intellectualizing" and "philosophizing" count as a career choice, just remember one thing: Your job depends on the existence of an opposition. If your opponent was ever defeated by your great work, you'd be required to either quit and get a real job, or find some new opponent. Eternal search for truth, justice, and right my ass.

Check out this choice quote: "spotless hardship credentials (1948 refugee banished from Al-Quds/Jerusalem)" That's right. Having bad things happen to you makes you qualified to speak on behalf of the people living vaguely in the same area even though it's been 55 years since you've been there. I think Hitchens gets the point here. I stubbed my toe. Can I write a book?

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 9/29/2003 12:38:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .