. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Friday, August 01, 2003


Is Georgy for Governor Serious?

It's the eternal question on the mind of everyone who cares (not a huge number). Well, let's put those beloved analytic skillz to work, then.

Thongs: Cool! Women's underwear isn't going to get a condemnation from me. However, I can't say that selling thongs is really screaming "I'm a serious campaign!" As Mike pointed out, somewhere, if she showed up to a debate in one of those things (and maybe a top, if she's feeling modest), then we'd all definitely start to take her seriously. Right.

Femininity: Also quite a minus on the seriousness of the campaign. I mean, really... who's heard of a woman in power? Okay, don't lynch me yet, I'm not serious. Still, people are prone to take women less seriously in politics. I'm a chauvinist/misogynist, so I expect it from myself, but everyone else should be ashamed!

Clean up California: We all know that all women are good for is cooking and cleaning. And since cooking for an entire state just isn't feasible, this figures as a platform. It is, though, a serious political platform, and helps bolster the whole "I'm a serious candidate for governor" image.

Progressivism: DejaKucinich. California may be liberal, but it's not "progressive." This is probably that Berkeley experience coming back to haunt her, where it was acceptable to brag about being the first state to do things, and do some stereotypical complaining about Bush and Texas. But at large, this stuff just sounds like idle dreaming.

Explicit Stance on Gay Marriage: Haaha! Man, she had me going there for a second.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 8/01/2003 04:27:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .