. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Tuesday, July 08, 2003


Vive le Paul!

Paul Thornton decides to attempt to dispel stereotypes that Frenchies hate USies. His evidence is that the people who are specifically trained to be nice to American tourists are nice to American tourists. Hence, Frenchies don't really hate USies.

To be fair, I expect that the extent to which Frenchies hate USies is about the same as the extent to which USies hate Frenchies. It's not really all that serious, it's just a fun stereotype to throw around. My personal experience with Frenchies is somewhat limited, though the few French students here that I know have the maturity of 12-year-olds, and the "concern for their fellow man" of brick.

Are they the "haughty Gauloise-smoking and anti-American French" that we've been led to believe? I couldn't say for sure. I was never led to believe that, mainly because I've never heard the word "Gauloise" before.

While talking about how cool Frenchies really are, he quotes a clerk who says she wants to go live in America. Which doesn't really do much to dismantle the "France sucks, USA rules" mentality. But hey, I never took rhetoric, so what do I know?

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 7/08/2003 11:13:00 AM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .