. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Tuesday, July 01, 2003


Hey, look! Comments!

Speaking of comments, some people have their own comments about the affirmative action thingamabobber. Kelly and Steve from The Patriot have their
comments, and I must say, I'm completely unconvinced. Now, one might say that there was nothing to convince me of, since I already agree with them about affirmative action, but that's pure sophistry. And, like any good philosopher, I love sophistry. (Hey, I didn't make the word. That's what it says!) On the other hand, I'd have to hand them a bone, as they seem to be finally catching onto what the point is. A little restraint using words like "bigot," "racist," and "race-blind," and they might reach the magical world of "I've changed one person's mind." So far, though, they're with the rest of us, at "I couldn't convince anyone who doesn't already agree with me."

On the other hand, Jeff Ogar and Trevor Mayple choose to be much more explicitly condescending. As well they should be, because, after all, as far as they're concerned, they're right and BAMN's wrong. Mr. Ogar and Mr. Mayple know they're involved in politics for fun, while Kelly and Steve are probably deluding themselves into believing that they're in it for the great ideal of justice. I say probably, of course, because I only use my mind-reading abilities to cause mischief, not to discover deep truths about individual motivations.

Nevertheless, the truth is not "out there" at all. It's perfectly sensible and predictable, and hardly relevant. You hear me, truth-lovers? Irrelevant! Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Or don't. I'll still think you did, even if it's not the truth. Why? Why not, I say.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 7/01/2003 10:07:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .