. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nap Time!!!

Sunday, July 06, 2003


Ah, the sounds of Berkeley.

Wandering down the Bancroft, I saw an emergency vehicle screaming by, and was inspired to modify this song (this is about 2 minutes worth of work, so don't expect anything spectacular):

Hello, darkness, my old friend.
I've come to miss you again.
Because a vision loudly screaming,
Drove right by while I was sleeping,
And the shrieking that was planted in my ears,
Still appears
Within the sound of sirens.

In restless dreams I was distraught
From narrow streets of plain asphalt.
'Neath the halo of a street light,
I turned my collar to the screaming sight
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a spinning light
That split the night.
It was the sound of sirens.

And in the naked light I saw
Nothing burning, naught at all.
People talking without hearing.
People hearing but going deaf.
People saying words, that no one'll ever know.
And no one dared.
Talk over the sound of sirens.

"Fools," said I "you do not know,
To the right of the street you must pull."
"Hear my words and I might teach you.
But there's no way in hell 'cause it's way to loud.
So my words, like silent bong-drops fell,
And echoed in the wails of sirens.

And the people deferred and stopped,
For the flashing god they saw.
And the siren flahsed its warning
In the lights that it was storming.
And the sirens said "The problems of the world need emergency services,
'Cept residence halls."
And blared in the sounds of sirens.

posted by Beetle Aurora Drake 7/06/2003 09:34:00 PM #
Comments (0)
. . .
Comments: Post a Comment


. . .